EVERY MINUTE, 300 HOURS OF VIDEOS ARE UPLOADED TO YOUTUBE. WITH MORE THAN 1.3 BILLION USERS, YOUTUBE IS A GREAT PLACE TO UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO CONTENT AND HAVE PEOPLE FIND IT.
Whether you’re an aspiring performer or a business owner, here are a few tips and tricks to help you create your own successful Youtube channel.
1. Define your channel.Figure out why you’re creating the channel. Bring your passion, experiences and story forward so that it connects to viewers. Have a clear mission, vision, and target audience in mind.
2. Make sure your channel page has an attractive banner.How your channel looks can set you apart. Make your page look professional by thinking carefully about the logo, colors, and even font.
3. Choose the right equipment.Having an expensive camera doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll get the views, but do invest in equipment that can help make your video better. Buy a mic if you’re speaking, or get a tripod so the shots are not too shaky.
4. Captivate your audience.The bottomline of any video is the content. Upload videos that spark curiosity and tell a great story.
5. Entice people with brilliantthumbnails.A thumbnail is the first thing viewers see so make it attractive enough that they can’t help but click play on your video.
6. Link your social media accounts.Youtube is a social medium and complements the other social networks like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
7. Invite viewers to share and comment.To gain subscribers and encourage people toward your content, have a call to action. Tell them to like, share, and comment, so you can also get feedback.
HERE ARE OTHER TIPS FROM TOP FILIPINO YOUTUBERS:
- Start now.Do not wait for you to have the most expensive equipments or the most awesome camera. You can start vlogging by just using your phone. The most important part is you are already practicing and you are becoming better and better.
- Be consistent.Have a schedule and follow it. The more consistent you are, the more the audience will be hooked with your videos.
- Be yourself.Do not be pressured with that the society standard is. Embrace your uniqueness and flaunt your own style. Do not copy! It’s so much nicer if people like you for who you are than trying so hard to pretend just to cope up. Enjoy being you.
- Be inspired.It’s good that you start by being a viewer of popular vloggers. Watch their videos, be inspired by their videos and be influenced by them to start your own vlog channel, or be a video content producer. Following the footsteps of your vlogger idol can also help you start as a neophyte vlogger and later on have your own identity and style.
- Equip yourself.The vlogger’s main magical tools are – computer and camera or smartphone. These are two important equipment for vlogging. Computer with fast processor and memory can help you load, edit and render high resolution video files at a fast speed. For beginners, I suggest familiarize yourself in using some video editing tools. For cameras, use the one with live view LCD that can swivel to the front, so that you can see yourself when vlogging a selfie version. For smartphones, get the best smartphone brand with better front camera pixels.
- Conceptualize.There are lots of topics that can be vlogged. It can be about food, music, gaming, travel, make up or beautifying, shopping, pets, tech and toys unboxing and many many more. If you are not yet sure of the topics you want for your vlog, then try to experiment on the topics mentioned or ask yourself what are the things that interest you, what are your love and likes, and what are your hobbies.
- Be shameless.In order to become shameless in front of the camera, you need to learn how to be brave and confident talking alone with the camera, talking alone in public, or talking alone with other people in front of the camera. To practice this, try talk to yourself in front of the mirror, or do vlogging daily, so that you can practice and improve your talking style or interaction with people.
- Have fun to inspire.People become successful in their field because they enjoy doing it. In every vlog you should put the element of “fun” on every video episode. Because if you enjoy it and have fun with it, you get to move fast in producing videos and be fueled with lots of passion and creativity. When you enjoy it and if people enjoy it too, your video messages can capture hearts and make a connection to them.
- Don’t delay starting your Youtube channel due to gears.A lot of creators feel that they don’t have the right gear. The truth is, you can easily start your channel using your mobile phone. I would suggest you use your mobile phones’ back camera for higher quality. Use a tripod to hold your camera so it can be stable. You can even edit using your phone’s video editing tools. To start a channel, you don’t need an expensive gear. The main thing is your content.
- Be consistent.Keep producing content on a regular basis. Plan so that your video is released on the schedule that you can easily commit to.
- Be creative and plan your content.Don’t just start your channel without proper planning. Plan your concept. What is your Youtube channel about? The content should be consistent so viewers subscribing to you are getting exactly what they want from your channel.
- Audio is a very important thing for Youtube viewers.It will be difficult for viewers to watch a video with great quality but with a sound that’s hardly audible. The simplest principle in producing great audio is that the mic is closest to the source of the audio.
- Preparedness is the key.Since I’m into event blogging, if an event starts at 12, I’ll already be at the venue at 1115. This will give me a good choice of seat with my limited hardware. I’ll be in a good location where I won’t be blocked. Try to do some research about the event so you will know what’s going to happen and you have an idea on what to shoot.
Bookmark the permalink.