L’Oréal Paris Dermo-Expertise took a risk with this night cream by making the new L’Oréal Revitalift Laser X3 New Skin Anti-Aging Night Cream-Mask super thick and gooey. Most women I know (myself included) want creams that are light, especially in our tropical weather. But by naming this product cream-mask, I am more amenable to using it because the word “mask” makes me think that it’s a cream that protects my face and works double duty to keep aging at bay. So, even though I had reservations when I opened the pot and saw the heavy cream sitting inside, I still used it.
The Revitalift Laser X3 New Skin Anti-Aging Night Cream-Mask promises to resurface and replump skin, correct wrinkles, refine pores, and improve elasticity. Its active ingredients are Pro-Xyalane to reduce wrinkles, Hyaluronic Acid and LHA to refine skin texture, and Centella Asiatica to make skin firmer and contoured. I used the cream-mask for two weeks for this product review.
How to use:
1. Use after cleansing, toning, and applying serum and eye cream. The cream-mask should be the final step because it seals your skin.
2. Prepare your face by lightly pinching the skin. I don’t actually know why pinching is needed since L’Oréal Paris didn’t explain how the cream-mask works better on pinched skin.
3. Apply a teaspoon-sized dollop of cream-mask in sweeping motions up and out all over the face. I put on my neck, too, as a teaspoon is a lot of product on my small face!
What I like:
1. The cream-mask is velvety, thick and feels luxurious.
2. I didn’t break out. I was scared my oily, sensitive skin will get oilier with the super dense cream-mask, but after two weeks’ use, my skin did not get greasy at all.
3. My skin really did start looking more fine!
4. I love how supple and smooth and soft my face and neck feel!
5. When I wake up, my skin really does feel and look like what the ad said: “Wake up to fresher, softer and more radiant skin!”
What I don’t like:
1. The smell is very strong. It’s fragrant but I don’t like strong smells on my face especially when I’m about to sleep. The scent fades after about 10 minutes, though.
2. A teaspoon of product is a lot! I feel like I’m smothering my skin! Like I said, the cream-mask is dense so I feel it’s a huge amount to keep spreading and spreading around my small face. So I use it on my neck and hands, too.
After two weeks’ use, I’m glad to report that my face is smooth, soft and supple. I don’t have wrinkles yet so I don’t know if it’s effective in anti-wrinkling, but I do apply the cream-mask on my neck, and the skin of my neck still doesn’t look firmer. The Laser X3 Cream is part of a skincare line that includes a serum, a cream and an eye cream, so I do feel that the reason why my skin isn’t showing all that L’Oréal promised is because I didn’t use the entire line. Still, I am happy with the results! Can’t wait to see how I’ll look like after two months’ use!
Frances is a mommy to three little boys but she doesn’t let the busyness of motherhood stop her from trying to look pretty! For more on her stylish adventures as a mom, visit Topaz Mommy or follow her on Twitter and Instagram.
Photo from loreal-paris.com and Frances Amper
L’Oréal Paris Available at all leading groceries, beauty hubs, and department stores nationwide; lorealparis.com; lorealparisexclusif.ph; facebook.com/LOrealParisPhilippines
Bookmark the permalink.