A BEACH HOLIDAY IS ALWAYS A WELCOME IDEA. ADEQUATE SUN, SEAWATER AND COASTAL BREEZE ARE GOOD FOR THE BODY AND SOUL. WE FILIPINOS ARE LUCKY TO HAVE TOP-NOTCH BEACHES WITH WHITE POWDERY SAND AND CLEAR WATER VERY WELL WITHIN REACH. HERE ARE 10 BEACHES TO ADD TO YOUR SUMMER BUCKET LIST.
Image from explorephilippines.org
1. Panglao Island, Bohol – Located southwest of Bohol, Panglao Island boasts of colorful coral reefs and stunning springs. In between lounging by the beach, you can visit famous tourist spots like the Chocolate Hills, Loboc River, and the Tarsier Sanctuary.
Image from caramoanislands.com
2. Caramoan, Camarines Sur – Dubbed as the Philippines’ Secret Paradise. Caramoan is an unexploited beauty. If you want less commercialism and more of nature, then add this one up to your bucket list.
Image from boracay.com
3. Boracay Island, Aklan – Throughout the years, Boracay has become an internationally renowned island destination. It has an interesting mix of nature, adventure, and party scene, which makes it the go-to destination for families, friends, and party animals.
Image from mycebuguide.com
4. Sumilon Island, Cebu – If a secluded beach is what you’re looking for, then Sumilon is for you. Have a romantic beach picnic, kayak at the lagoon, or go whale watching, Sumilon has a lot of adventure up on its sleeve.
Image from sanvicentepalawan.com.ph
5. San Vicente, Palawan – Lesser known than its neighbors Coron and El Nido, San Vicente is starting to gain attention. Long Beach in San Vicente has the longest white sand beach in the Philippines! Watch out for San Vicente as the next emerging tourist destination of Palawan.
Image from choosephilippines.com
6. Calaguas Island, Camarines Norte – When city life is stressing you out, a place that’s serene and unspoiled is what you need. Calaguas offers this with its powdery fine white sand, clear turquoise water, and no telco signal! So put aside work for a while and just enjoy the breathtaking beauty of Calaguas.
Image from cebu-bluewaters.com
7. Bantayan Island, Cebu – Some call Bantayan Island as the Boracay that was decades ago. There are some world-class accommodations here, yet the island is still well-maintained and taken care of by the residents.
Image from pearlfarmresort.com
8. Samal Island, Davao – Just 10 minutes away via ferry from Davao City, Samal Island transports you to a laidback life. It’s an ideal refuge from the urban life with its unspoiled marine life.
Image from islandsofthephilippines.com
9. Palaui Island, Cagayan – Visitors have said the 12-hour ride to this island is more than worth it. Palaui Island boasts of a lush forest, white sands, rich coral life, and volcanic rocks.
Image from puertogalera.org
10. Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro – Just 3 hours away from Manila by land, Puerto Galera is a choice for city dwellers who do not want to travel far. There are many beach activities you can partake here- sailing, surfing, scuba diving, etc.
Bookmark the permalink.